WELCOME

This blog is about fitness, exercise and healthy eating. If you would like to try my zumba classes in Dayton, feel free to contact me.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

ALL NATURAL MEATS & OTHER GOODIES


On Friday, January 13th, I went to Landes meats. I have always believed that eating all natural foods would be out of my budget. I am a very strict budget type of person. So I just stuck with regular grocery store meats and tried to get certain organic things, like maybe strawberries. Well, I decided to try Landes Meats. It is local, all natural, antibiotic/hormone free real foods without the crazy prices. I purchased a loaf of freshly baked whole wheat bread, a package of swiss cheese, 1 pound of ground chuck, 1/2 pound of bacon, 1 center cut porkchop, 10 chicken wings, 1/4 pound or so of sliced turkey meat. None of these foods were highly processed and best of all, they are LOCAL. From everything I've read, it's better to eat things that take less time to get from the farm to your home because it decreases the chances of contamination. Also, the less preservatives it will need to have if any. So I purchased all these things for a grand total of $23.40. I don't think I could have done better than that. Happy eating!

Do you purchase any foods local? Do you eat organic? Have you tried a farmers market or other store such as Landes?

 http://www.landesfreshmeats.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment